What if I have a claim?
- Call our fast, friendly claims representatives at 1-800-548-1616.
- If the loss was caused by theft, also file a report at the police department.
- Take reasonable action to prevent further loss or damage from occurring to undamaged
- Do not dispose of or repair damaged property until the insurance company has had
an opportunity to inspect it.
- Make a complete inventory of the lost or damaged property, including the date of
purchase, place of purchase and the price paid. We will require reasonable documentation
to prove value and ownership of the lost or damaged property.
- If you have purchased coverage for earthquake, covered earthquake losses are subject
to a $750 deductible.
- Please read the policy form for details regarding coverage and the basis of payment
after a loss.
How does the insurance company know what I have?
If you suffer a loss, the Company will ask you for information and materials to
show that you owned and stored the property claimed. Your original receipts, photographs
or owner's manuals can be used to document your claim. Keep these items at home
or at work or a relative's residence and not in your apartment.