What if I Have a Claim?
- Call our fast, friendly claims representatives at 1-800-847-9999.
- If the loss was caused by theft, also file a report at the police department.
- Take reasonable action to prevent further loss or damage from occurring to undamaged property.
- Do not dispose of or repair damaged property until the insurance company has had an opportunity to inspect it.
- Make a complete inventory of the lost or damaged property, including the date of purchase, place of purchase and the price paid. We will require all pertinent records necessary to prove the loss.
- All covered losses except those caused by earthquake are subject to a $100 deductible. Loss due to earthquake is subject to a $1,000 deductible. Payment is based upon the actual cash value of the property at the time of the loss. Losses are settled promptly and fairly.
How Does the Insurance Company Know What I've Stored?
If you suffer a loss, the Company will ask you for information and materials to show that you owned and stored the property claimed. Your original receipts, photographs or owner's manuals can be used to document your claim. Keep these items at home or at work and not in the storage space.